English for Living and Working in Australia
The AMES Australia’s English for Living and Working in Australia courses will help you develop your vocabulary and grammar, reading and writing skills and will help you to improve your ability to communicate in English.
The course will give learners the opportunity to practice their English conversation skills in class to allow for pathways to further study and employment and to help participate in day-to-day life in Australia.
Learning English at AMES Australia is focused on more than just reciting words in a classroom. Our teaching methods focus on enabling students to think critically while participating in group and project work. This allows you to learn English from real-life experiences, meaning you will not only be learning the language, but you will be learning how to use it everyday life.
Students will develop their English language skills through topics relating to their everyday life in Australia such as education, health and money.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to learn to:
- Use English to obtain goods and services
- Have a conversation in English
- Read and write a range of everyday texts such as simple instructions, messages and stories
How will I learn?
The course will be offered in Mixed Mode Delivery
- Classroom-based Learning, where the student attends AMES Campus’ with a Teacher/Trainer present
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
What further education can I do after completing this course?
- Work preparation courses for getting a job
AMES Australia Bourke - Melbourne CityRead More
AMES Australia Box HillRead More
AMES Australia DandenongRead More
AMES Australia FootscrayRead More
AMES Australia MilduraRead More
AMES Australia Narre WarrenRead More
AMES Australia Noble ParkRead More
AMES Australia OakleighRead More
AMES Australia SpringvaleRead More
AMES Australia WerribeeRead More
The fee is determined by your eligibility for Government funding. To check your eligibility for a concession fee, contact AMES Australia.
Click here for more information on applicable fees.
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- course dates
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.