CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
Application for this course is open until March 2023. Students must complete this qualification within the Teach Out period no later than 21st November 2023.
In order to achieve a qualification by this date, students must have submitted all course documentation and met course requirements including Practical Placement by no later than 29th September 2023.
- This course will prepare you for a job in the Care industry.
- You will be required to study 7 core units and 6 electives.
- AMES Australia organises an aged care work placement for a minimum of 150 hours for each student. All students are supervised during their placement.
- The Department of Health has now listed a mandatory requirement for all staff working in Aged Care Facilities to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This also applies to students on work placement.
- All AMES applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination on enrolment. Mandatory vaccination of Aged Care Workers
- All AMES Australia industry certificate courses provide specialist English language support for refugees and migrants.
What will I learn?
- The activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care facility or in a home.
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- See details of the course modules to be studied.
How will I learn?
The course will be offered in Mixed Mode Delivery
- Classroom-based Learning, where the student attends AMES Campus’ with a Teacher/Trainer present
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
Monday and Tuesday
- 9.00 am to 3.00 pm - Face to face and online training
- 9.00 am to 3.00 pm - Direct structured learning activities
Self-directed Learning: 15 hours/week
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
What jobs can I apply for after completing this course?
- Community house worker
- Home care assistant
- Assistant in nursing
- Personal care assistant
- Residential care worker
- Community Access Coordinator
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Service Employee
- Family Support Worker
- School Support Officer (Disability)
What further education can I do after completing the course?
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support (not offered at AMES Australia); CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability (not offered at AMES Australia); Short Courses
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Please refer to the schedule of fees for more information here or contact AMES Australia to check your eligibility for a concession fee.
There may be extra charges for learning materials, first aid certificate, police check etc.
A fee concession to a student enrolled under the Asylum Seeker VET Program can then be granted in accordance with the Guidelines about Fees.
How to Enrol
Enquire now to find out:
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.